[geeks] Leopard, was: find - having a senior moment

Dr Robert Pasken rpasken at eas.slu.edu
Tue Jan 15 09:08:59 CST 2008

I have a powerbook g4 and two Macbooks. One Macbook and the powerbook G4
were upgraded to 10.5 without problems. USB cameras, iPods, memory sticks
work as expected and in the case of the G4 work a little faster (images
download faster). Printing works as expected both with locally connected
USB printers and network printers. My only complaint with the G4 is that
shifting from airport ethernet to wired ethernet takes longer than before.
Since I don't see the sasme problems with the Macbooks, I assume that it
is a problem with the fact that the G4 has 512mb of memory.

I use X11 extensively on all three laptops, as most of my analysis
software is X based. Other than the screens is too small (I am used
to a 21" screen) X works as expected. When I am expecting to make
extensive use of X, I use it in fullscreen mode with fvwm.

No problems here with 10.5