[geeks] find - having a senior moment

John Francini francini at mac.com
Mon Jan 14 14:49:39 CST 2008

Actually, GNU du will let you use:

-b, --bytes		report sizes in (allocated) bytes
-B, --block-size=SIZE	use SIZE-byte blocks (use --block-size=1 for
same effect as -b)
--apparent-size	report sizes in written bytes -- size may be larger
than allocated "due to holes in ('sparse') files, internal
fragmentation, indirect blocks, and the like"

BSD du will respect the value of the BLOCKSIZE environment variable.

Dunno about Solaris.