[geeks] FS: nVidia 7300GS, Athlon64 3200+

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Fri Jan 11 21:42:54 CST 2008

Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 10:13:54PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> How do you bid? I've used sniping tools in the past - just enter a hard
>> maximum bid, plus a couple dollars cushion and let it go!
>
> I bid up to the maximum I could afford (with shipping, etc).  I don't like
> using sniping tools (I do it the old fashioned way); plus I can only bid on
> one radio at a time.
>
> I'm just mostly annoyed.  Spent the afternoon dealing with traffic, then
> got home to find out I lost the auction for the R-70.

The thing that annoys me is that it's becoming increasingly difficult to
win anything that anyone else cares about on eBay *EXCEPT* by bid
sniping.  And I hate both bid sniping and those who practice it.  Back
when they first started, eBay used to prohibit and punish it, then at
some point they caved in.  They could SO easily have made the whole
issue moot simply by saying "No auction will end until there have been
no new bids submitted in ten minutes."  (And end prices, and their cut
thereof, would very likely have gone *up*.)

--
   Phil Stracchino, CDK#2         ICBM: 43.5607, -71.355
   alaric at caerllewys.net            alaric at metrocast.net
           It's not the years, it's the mileage.