[geeks] Shuttle announces plain-Jane "cube" PC

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Jan 10 23:34:49 CST 2008

THere wil be two versions, the "complete" system for $199 (with Celeron CPU,
945GC chipset, 512 Meg RAM and 60+ Gig HD) or $99 bare (no RAM, CPU or HD)...

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9847365-7.html?tag=nefd.only

My 4 year-old needs a new PC, her Via 800 MHz just isn't up to simple tasks,
like ripping an audio CD into iTunes (it ripped at 0.6x speed). I built it on
an Asus barebones system (no RAM, HD, included CD-ROM and CPU) I got for under
$60 a year or so ago, but I think it's time for an upgrade, and this would be
nice (except for the lack of an optical drive, how to get Putt-Putt Saves the
Zoo or Hello Kitty onto it for her...).

Lionel