[geeks] Keyboard list

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Jan 10 17:21:13 CST 2008

On Jan 10, 2008, at 5:25 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 11:51:50AM -0600, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> Since we all have opinions on keyboards, here's one persons take on
>> the
>> ten worst (of all time?):
>> http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,139100/article.html
>
> I had a TI-99/4A.  Keyboard was improved over the 99/4, but it still
> sucked.
>
> I still prefer the Model M and modern equivalents (Unicomp, etc).

The Atari 800 had a very nice keyboard.

The Atari 800XL usually did.

I say usually because as Tramiel came on board, they started going to
crappy keyboards until user backlash forced them to source the better
keyboards.

When I got my 800XL in 1984, I took it back to the store twice until I
got the keyboard I wanted.

The XE and ST Atari machines had a really mushy keyboard. The fit was
good, but the feel was awful.

Tramiel ruined Atari, though some of the blame goes to Apple for its
idiotic lawsuits which crippled the ST.