[geeks] FS: nVidia 7300GS, Athlon64 3200+

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Jan 10 10:35:53 CST 2008

On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 11:11:15AM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> I like the Yaesu FT-101E series of radios, but nice ones can be pricey... I
> bought one for 11 meter(0) use a long time ago and have held on to it for
> if/when I get my no-code General upgrade...

I forgot to mention to check what tubes it uses. Some of that series
used TV sweep tubes because they were cheap and you could get them at
any drugstore. You needed a matched set, but you could match them with a
drug store tube tester.

Now that drug stores have all but been replaced with chain stores, and
TV sets with any tube (including a CRT) are obsolete, you can't find the
tubes, and they have become pricey. You can still get them from
speciality dealers mail order and it would be a good idea, IMHO if you
are holding on to the radio to get a set or two of replacement tubes.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838