[geeks] LOM and Console on separate serial ports on T1 105?

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 16:20:49 CST 2008

I had another remolish again tonight. I've been doing that an awful
lot since Xmas. Anyhoo, I moved my RS/6000 and my T1 105 servers
closer to my desk so I can actually damn well do something with them :P

This brings me back to an old question I have heard odd tidbits about
and heard on a couple of grapevines. I want to split the serial output
from my t1 105 so one port is the Lights Out Management (which it
would be frightfully useful to be able access after it;'s powered up)
and the other is the Serial Console. Currently the LOM is active when
powered off and it's overridden by the  serial console after the POST
completes, rendering the LOM inaccessible.

Anyone got any gems?

--
Mark Benson

My Blog: