[geeks] Java Workstation - Windows Trouble...

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 13:10:42 CST 2008

On 4 Jan 2008, at 09:03, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 07:24:53AM +0000, Mark wrote:
>> Oh, sorry, I'm used to Apple folks who treat their computer like
>> alters to the Jobsian Light.
>
> Did I mention that 3 out of 4 computers here at home are Macs??? 8-)

I know that, but the important thing is you and me both are not Apple
'fanboys' who worship Steve Jobs' used gum wrappers. I use Macs
because they work well, and are decent quality, and run on UNIX. I
used to hate Apple until OS X came along, and I will again if they
ever deteriorate back into the same putrid swamp of complacency and
bad design thy were back in the mid-90s.

> If you were tearing up a nice piece of SPARC gear, I might care

Why mame such a fine piece of engineering? I am pretty ruthless when
it comes to hardware mods, but i do them to improve things, and you
can't improve on systems that good really :P\

At the end of the day any great computer deserves to live, any bad one
probably deserves to die, so you may as well use it as an organ donor
for some frankenstein activity if you can ;).

> but Sun's PCs are just PCs, and not rare by a long shot.  They're
> nicely-built,
> but they're just PCs.

Aye, built with some decent level of thought about how they will be
used an upgraded - much like the Mac Pro.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://mdblog.68kmac.org>