[geeks] OpenGraphics

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue Jan 1 14:24:25 CST 2008

On Jan 1, 2008, at 12:48 PM, Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> On Jan 1, 2008, at 12:32 PM, Joshua Boyd wrote:
>
>> there will be the OpenGraphics card.  The odd part will be that it is
>> a PCI-X card.  The good news is that it will support 2x dual link
>> cards.
>
> That seems pretty useless.
>
> Almost no one will be able to use it.
>
> I thought the project was dead?
>
> I just tried about five websites associated with it and couldn't get
> to them.

I see what you mean about web sites.  I just send them an email about
that.

The mailing list is quite active.  They plan to have working VGA
firmware in 1 week.  They have working prototype hardware (needs the
VGA firmware to function as a primary video card).  They plan to
start manufacturing of more cards after the VGA firmware is
completed.  They have basic Xorg acceleration.  They have a model for
the entire 3D engine. Actually implementing the model will follow the
firmware.