[geeks] 24 inch monitors

Tue Jan 1 11:56:28 CST 2008

> BTW: you guys should read about input lag with LCDs.

Guitar Hero II has an item in its setup menus designed to test for
this, to allow the game to null it out.

> Here is something really interesting: if the visual input lags
> slightly behind sound, it induces stress and anxiety in human test
> subjects.

> Conversely, when sound is lagging behind visual input, humans tend to
> relax.

I wonder if this is something from our dim past, when sound lagging
vision indicates that something is a substantial distance away (because
sound travels so much slower than light), which means (in that dim
past) it's too far away to need urgent attention.  The other way could
then be just the flip side of the same thing.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca