[geeks] 24 inch monitors

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue Jan 1 01:08:58 CST 2008

On Dec 31, 2007, at 10:45 PM, Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Neat, but I kinda like 24 inches.
>
> 30 inches is really the next step up if you want displays that end on
> convenient byte
> boundaries, and screen ratios.
>
> Between 24 and 30 what they do is just make the pixels bigger, and
> personally I don't like it.
>
> Some people love it obviously.  I personally found them a little ugly,
> as I could see the "screen door" a lot more in them, I guess because
> the pixels are physically larger.
>
> I think I'm mostly leaning toward the Dell or the NEC.

Have you considered Eizo?  I haven't heard any complaints about their
24" LCD displays.

Personally, I would love 2-3 Eizos along with a Cinetal, eCinema, or
FrontNiche LCD.  Those last three brands are absolutely stunning in
every way.  If only I could create business to justify the last ones.

> I always worry when ordering an LCD because of dead pixels and things
> like that.  I have never gotten any before, but it always worries me.

I know you don't want anything from them, but Samsung has a superb
policy.  I don't know what NEC's policy is, but Eizo also has a
really good policy.  I'm sure there are other tops notch brands that
are also perfect with their dead pixel policy.

Alternatively, some stores also have a vary nice policy.