[geeks] Mail.app and automating the From address

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Feb 27 23:25:07 CST 2008

Does anyone know of a way to have Mail.app on the Mac change your From
address based on who you are sending email to?

I have 4 email accounts, one primary, one work, and a couple of "crap"
accounts for risky contacts.

I'm forever accidentally using one of the others for work related
email, and that sort of thing.

Even silly things like sending to the geeks list and accidentally
using my gmail account happens all the time.

Yes, I should be in the habit of picking the account before hitting
send, but I was wondering if there was a way to do this automatically,
especially for when I'm sending things from other applications.