[geeks] Sometimes luck IS on my side

Mike F lists at ibrew.net
Wed Feb 27 14:52:16 CST 2008

Wish I could say the same - I've got a 12" iBook G3 that seems to be
having logic board problems. Sometimes it will boot, sometimes it
won't; when it does, shortly thereafter the screen will display a
solid background and a pattern of stripes. At this point, only a hard
reboot will revive it. Anyone have any clues? I recently added a 512mb
dimm to this machine, although the stripes only started a week or 2
after that, so that may or may not be the cause.

- Mike