[geeks] Making HD DVD at home

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 26 21:42:26 CST 2008

>From: Francois Dion <francois.dion at gmail.com>
>Date: 2008/02/26 Tue PM 03:33:45 CST
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [geeks] Making HD DVD at home

>So you bought an HD DVD player? Or just saw one at your local costco
>for less than a regular DVD player and wondered if you shouldn't pick
>one up? Or stumbled upon the videophile's dream HD-XA2? Well, they
>wont be making HD DVD movies forever tought, so...
>
>But, it does make a lot more sense if you can burn your own HD DVD on
>the cheap. Say, on a regular DVD-R. HD on cheap media...

Neat.

I bought one of the Microsoft Xbox 360 HD-DVD drives for $50 [0] and was happy
to see it is 100% useful as a PC/Mac ext. DVD drive (read-only). I will try
and play HD-DVDs on a PC in a few days...

Lionel

[0]http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8132095&st=xbox+360+hd-
dvd&lp=2&type=product&cp=1&id=1158321865239