[geeks] PC Repair shop fun...

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Feb 25 14:47:12 CST 2008

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008, hike wrote:

> This is a common situation that people get into.
> It is also the reason, the U.S.A. federal government should not be in
> the welfare/disability/whatever-name-you-like business.

Yes, well, that's something of a given.  No part of the Constitution
establishes the Treasury or Congress to act as though they're running a
charity, with the "donations" collected at the point of a gun.

> They have screwed lots of families with this absurd help scheme.

Unfortunately, we're here (thank you, FDR, you worthless bastard), and
there are precious few people that want to see government "assistance"
end, and fewer still that realise that it tends to hurt more than it
helps.

> The best help is given locally.  (Much less administrative overhead
> which means the help is cheaper and more people can be helped.)

Absolutely.  Amazing how people can think that giving a dollar locally
won't do any good, but they're perfectly happy to send that dollar to
DC, and watch it come back in the form of 34 cents.

> The U.S.A. federal government is disgusting on many levels.

It's not even a federal government anymore.  It's leveraged taxation[0]
against the local governments to take away almost all the federation
that was left after reconstruction.  At this point, we have a national
government.

[0] "Hey, states, we'll steal this money from your constituents via the
     fraudulent income tax, but we might let you have a portion of it
     back for local government use if you give up your local sovereignty
     and agree to a bunch of federal guidelines that aren't really laws,
     but you don't care because you want your money back, right?"
--
Jonathan Patschke | "There is no such thing as a short of reserves...
Elgin, TX         |  one bank can have a problem...the Fed can print