[geeks] UnPaypal?

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Wed Feb 20 09:27:49 CST 2008

sammy ominsky wrote:
> On 20/02/2008, at 13:42, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>
>>  PayPal did everything they could within their terms of service to
>> steal $2600 from him.
>
> Can you be more specific?  I have been using paypal for years to move A
> LOT of money (thousands of dollars a month), and have never had any
> problems.  I want to know.  I need to know.

OK, I'm not privy to all the details, but this is the basic gist of it:
  Before moving to New Zealand, he sold a lot of his possessions,
accepting payment via PayPal.  *None of the buyers complained, and no
dispute was ever filed by anyone.*  But PayPal, all off their own bat,
decided that almost $2600 of the resulting payments were fraudulent, so
they impounded the money.  They made him document everything, dot every
i, cross every t, to prove that every dollar came from real people in
exchange for real goods that were his legally-owned property to sell.
They did *nothing* to help this process; he had to drive everything and
keep on them to get it done and keep it moving, because they told him
that if it went two weeks without *some* new action towards resolution
being added to his file, they would make the impound permanent and just
keep his money.

I can put you in contact with him directly if you need more details.

--
   Phil Stracchino, CDK#2         ICBM: 43.5607, -71.355
   alaric at caerllewys.net            alaric at metrocast.net
           It's not the years, it's the mileage.