[geeks] UnPaypal?

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Feb 20 09:11:10 CST 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 09:24:42AM -0500, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> A lot of people won't except western union because of scam potential.
> Even Western Union says they are only to be used by people who know each
> other.

Worse than that, the Israeli post office dropped all forms of money transfer
(international money orders, etc), and replaced them with Western Union.
Their ads say that it costs only $15 to send up to $800. That's true, but
it also costs $15 to receive up to $800. If you want to pay the entire
price, you get a discount and only pay $28.

So If I wanted to send someone $1, it would cost me $29. That's still
cheaper than the banks. The last time I wired someone in the U.S. money,
I paid for both sides and it was over $75, plus the conversion fee from
Shequels to Dollars. His bank charged him $12 anyway.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838