[geeks] UnPaypal?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Feb 20 07:39:31 CST 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at  6:42 AM, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Anyone come up with a good alternative to PayPal yet?  I just had a
> friend move to New Zealand, in the process of which PayPal did
> everything they could within their terms of service to steal $2600
> from him.  Combined with the new move further to the Dark Side by
> eBay, who now owns PayPal, my discomfort level with PayPal is rising
> almost daily.

I too am curious - I've not had any problems with PayPal, but my use has
been pretty low volume (in my peak I did about 10 - 12 transactions a
month,, now I average one or two a month). I've seen other options out
there, but they never had critical mass to get me to switch. I think
Western Union has/had such a service, they called it an escrow service
IIRC...

Lionel