[geeks] Integrated video and large displays

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Fri Feb 15 09:42:19 CST 2008

On Feb 14, 2008, at 11:52 PM, John Lee wrote:

> - The display has horrible viewing angles. There's really bad color
> shifting when viewing off angle, and this can sometimes make watching
> videos in bed trying. In addition, the display also has something of a
> grainy quality to it. There's noticeable banding in some gradients and
> some greys look like the display has been dithered

My understanding is that it is a 6bit display, so it really is being
dithered.  I believe there is a class action lawsuit going about this.

But I don't actually share any of your complaints about the screen.
I would say it is one of the top 2 LCDs I've ever spent quality time
with.  In some ways it seems better than my Samsung 22" LCD panel.

> - The trackpad is unusually large. As a result, I often find bits of
> my palm resting on it interfering with tracking.

I personally like the larger track pad on my wife's MacBook.