[geeks] FORSALE: 400GB Seagate SATA drive (update)

Chris H. fu3.org at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 16:24:03 CST 2008

2008/2/14, Chris H. <fu3.org at gmail.com>:
>  I don't know if Samsung is *as good as* Seagate, but so far they've
>  been the two 'lasters' in my setups; [Y]MMV, ofcourse.

..the reason is that the Samsung (232gb/PATA) hasn't died yet, for
*hard-chugging years*, so I have no evidence of death yet. - The
Seagates live just as fine, but then again; they always have. ;)

The last 'Deskstar'/GXP drive I had was the venerable IBM 60GXP, which
went out like a backyard orchestra only one or two years after start
of use; (damn they died noisy..)