[geeks] How dumb is this...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Feb 14 15:37:34 CST 2008

Here is something I never thought I'd see - a web page you can use to
set up an SSH connection to your machine from your iPhone![0] What's
amazing to me is how easy it would be to cache the information and
harvest it for interesting logins...

Is it just me, or does this sort of defeat the whole purpose of SSH?
Many people will build their own SSH/SSHD software from trusted sources,
and it seems to me that giving your credentials to a third party to
facilitate the connection is just plain *bad*...

Lionel

[0] http://churchturing.org/w/iphone-ssh/