[geeks] website/domain hosting, .mac alternatives

Anthony Ortenzi geeks at litfire.com
Tue Feb 12 11:57:59 CST 2008

Shannon Hendrix asked:
> Does anyone have any experience with Dreamhost (www.dreamhost.com)?

You can see for yourself at www.dreamhoststatus.com -- the reliability
leaves plenty to be desired -- last week they moved the "cluster" my sites
are on, which apparently includes web servers, mysql servers, mail servers,
and the associated NetApp Filers.  Being dark for something like 14 hours is
something that's hard to accept, though the prices and quotas are generous.

But is it that big of a deal that my account has 11TB of data transfer
included if I use ~10GB/mo?

MySQL DB disk usage comes from the same disk quota for your web space...
which seemed to me to be pretty uncommon.

-Anthony