[geeks] xfs vs. jfs

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Mon Feb 11 05:28:51 CST 2008

Dan Duncan wrote:
> On Feb 8, 2008 5:01 PM, Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net> wrote:
>> I'm reinstalling Cymru's laptop.  The filesystem choice is down to jfs
>> or xfs.  Anyone have any opinions or preferences between the two?
>
> Is one easier to access using your preferred rescue media?

Slackware 12 live CD supports both.

> As a bonus, neither of the above was written by an accused murderer.

Not that it has any bearing on the technical merit of the filesystem...

(that said, I never even considered reiserfs for this.  I've never been
impressed with it.  I've heard too many problems with it, and it
consumes an entirely unreasonable amount of CPU for deletes.)

--
   Phil Stracchino, CDK#2         ICBM: 43.5607, -71.355
   alaric at caerllewys.net            alaric at metrocast.net
           It's not the years, it's the mileage.