[geeks] xfs vs. jfs

Kevin kevin at pipeline.com
Sat Feb 9 14:53:42 CST 2008

I have no experience with JFS, but i have used XFS on all my linux boxen at
work and home since 2001-2002.  That's only a few (5-6) servers at work
and three boxes at home, but i have had very results.

At work i did have a corrupted file system issue (caused by a hardware
problem), but that was fixed with a bit of help/advice from the XFS guys at
SGI.

Once again, no experience with JFS though, so i'm not saying XFS is
superior, just that i have had very good results for several years.

/KRM