[geeks] Cheap Dell Servers

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 19:34:18 CST 2008

On Feb 7, 2008 8:17 PM, Micah R Ledbetter <vlack-lists at vlack.com> wrote:
> On Feb 6, 2008, at 14:50, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> > The reason why I ask is that I've found a case which has 9 (!) 5.25"
> > open drive bays in the front for less than $110 shipped.
>
> Has anyone asked you for your source yet? I might be interested in
> such a box myself...

I dont know which one Sridhar has found, but I dont know too many
inexpensive case with
9 x 5.25 external. There is the Raidmax Katana that is available from
newegg for only $79:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156077
+$15 shipping, but that doesn't include the power supply at that price.

3 internal 3.5 for a total of 12 drives. Or, if you buy those 3x3.5
into 2x5.25 bay adapters, that means 15 total drives (12 external + 3
internal + 1 DVD).