[geeks] Rebates

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 18:53:58 CST 2008

Shannon Hendrix wrote:

>>> Which is in large part why I won't consider non-GSM service and, except
>>> for special cases like free-without-strings, won't consider
>>> provider-crippled phones.
>>
>> I won't use Verizon because I refuse to pay good money for a phone
>> only to have them intentionally cripple it.  Later this year, if they
>> open their network as promised ... maybe.  But they'd have to beat the
>> cost of my current pre-paid T-Mobile service, which looks set to give
>> me change in my pocket from $100 for a year's service.
>
> How is the phone you get with that?
>
> I have T-Mobile, and the first thing I noticed is that they use fairly
> vanilla Motorola software with a few of their own additions and minimal
> customizations.

T-Mobile does cripple some of the Samsung phones though.  I went with
the cheapie RazR when I qualified for a hardware discount last winter
b/c the alternatives were overkill or too dumbed down for the price premium.

> My only complaint, besides the rebate issue, is I'm paying $45/month
> after taxes, and I think that's just way too much for what I get.

I'd take up the rebate issue with Customer Retention, myself.  They have
a lot more leeway to make adjustments to your account.

=Nadine=