[geeks] Flicker users u in arms over MS acquisition...

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Feb 3 22:42:39 CST 2008

On Feb 3, 2008, at 8:59 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Others here were upset about this, thought I'd share the link...
>
> http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2008/02/what-would-micr.html

My favorite quote so far:

> Microsoft announces new Flickr pricing!
> Say goodbye to Flickr Pro :(
> Say hello to Flickr Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Enterprise
> and Ultimate. Pricing is TBD ;)

The thing is... that might not be all that far fetched.

They tend to pollute and ruin whatever they touch.

Yahoo can't write software worth a damn either, but for the most part
they have left flickr totally alone, which is why it is still decent.

Microsoft has a very hard time leaving anything alone, especially if
it is currently working well.

Oh well... hopefully this year I will have pretty much everything
moved to hosted accounts and the heck with all of them.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com