[geeks] Ya-HoooooO!

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Sat Feb 2 17:43:00 CST 2008

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 16:26:03 -0500, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 09:35:33PM +0000, Mike Meredith wrote:
> > Admittedly my PS3 does spend far more time playing DVDs and BDs
> > though.
>
> I personally prefer a hardware player.

I'm not sure I see the difference between a PS3 and a dedicated
player ... it's just as convenient to start playing a film on
the PS3 as on my old dedicated DVD player. The only niggle is the use
of the PS3 games controller to control playback, and as I only use play
and pause it really doesn't bother me.

Of course I'm probably missing something!

> I don't know why anyone wants a console to win.  I like 2-3 consoles
> being current at any one time.

Re-reading what I read, I guess I didn't show my preference ... I'm in
agreement. It'll be far more interesting with a more varied market.
Remember how much more interesting computing used to be with dozens of
different platforms to play with ?

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
  So I think I'm becoming a geek vampire. Damn. Hate when that happens.