[geeks] Ya-HoooooO!

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Fri Feb 1 15:35:33 CST 2008

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 14:15:49 -0500, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> I hear more about good games for the 360 than I do the PS3, even
> though the PS3 has cooler hardware.

I sometimes wonder how games players find the time to check out the
huge range of games they have available to them. Even the paltry
selection from the Euro-zone PSN is enough that I'm skipping most of
the 1st person shooters and totally ignore all the sports games.
Admittedly my PS3 does spend far more time playing DVDs and BDs though.

> But honestly, if I bought anything current, it would be a Wii.

The funny thing is that everyone seems to be waiting for a console to
"win". It is possible that one console may become dominant but it is
also possible that all three main contenders will share the market. It
is interesting to see different estimates of market share in different
parts of the world ... Europe and Asia seem more keen on the PS3 than
the Xbox360.

The Wii is interesting in that it seems to appeal to people who
wouldn't ordinarily consider a games console.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 Power corrupts; Powerpoint corrupts absolutely.