[geeks] Ya-HoooooO!

Rick Hamell hamellr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 08:29:55 CST 2008

> i guess this screws my yahoo email account.
> (gmail is for all the mailing lists subscriptions and not my main
> person-to-person account.)

Yep. I do some work for some gamer forums and one of the biggest issues we
have is people with Hotmail/MSN/Live addresses not receiving our
verification emails. We've jumped through all of their hoops to "verify" our
domain, but it still doesn't work. So we just told the system to not allow
registrations from those domains. With a good 40% of our registration base
through Yahoo that's going to eventually cause some major issues.

On the other hand, the way Yahoo has been lately with their services they
feel pretty Microsoftish anyways.

So, in addition to a new weather page, how about a new Flickr-like service?
Or a new Financials page?

--
Rick Hamell
hamellr@ gmail.com