[geeks] Happy Holidays

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Dec 26 20:40:57 CST 2008

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 08:53:29PM -0500, William Enestvedt wrote:
> I talked to a police sergeant last week from the next town over. It's his
> "turn" on the rotation, so he had to work Christmas Day this year... And the
> next five in a row, as well. *boggle* Who wrote _that_ schedule?!

Wow, that's insane.

>    Hey, at least you're not still on generator power! (Are you?)

Nope!  Thank goodness.  We were only on generator and intermittent city
power for 11 days or so.

>    Merry Christmas a day late, Mr. Bill. We all love what you do eher.

Thanks.  Sometimes having a kindred soul to rant to is all I need.

As it turns out, the maintenance tonight only took a little over two hours
instead of the estimated four, so I'm heading home an hour early.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas