[geeks] Weird MacOS issue

der Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Fri Dec 26 00:39:38 CST 2008

> Except that, to work around errors in the CDDB data, the application
> itself would have to treat the underlying filesystem as
> case-insensitive by globbing the other-case variant of each character
> when trying to find a file.

Why?  Why should it do that any more than it should match up a Def
Leppard track with some fool's mis-identification of it as Deaf
Leopard?  (This is, as far as I know, a hypothetical example, but if
you think all the errors in the CDDB data are limited to case mistakes,
I'm fairly sure you're dreaming.)

And, if it should, why is it the underlying filesystem's job to
implement that?

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org