[geeks] Weird MacOS issue

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Dec 23 20:52:34 CST 2008

On Dec 23, 2008, at 21:47 , Jonathan Katz wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 9:45 PM, Phil Stracchino
> <alaric at metrocast.net>wrote:
>

>> What filesystem DOES OSX use by default, anyway...?
>>

> HFS+ for right now. Although can select ffs/ufs at install time.

I've never been given that option at install time.

Are you sure?

I always felt like HFS+ was an aging set of hacks on top of an aging
filesystem.

Lot's of features, but it's a strange beast in a lot of ways.

> Rumor is that 10.6 aka snow leopard will be ZFS.

That would be interesting.

I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to use it until others had bled on it
first.