[geeks] Building an ozone generator?

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Mon Dec 15 12:40:16 CST 2008

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 23:14:08 -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Looking at building / buying one to get rid of cigarette smoke smell
> in the office once my wife quits smoking, and I can't bring myself to
> pay the $100+ that some eBay vendors want for what has to be a VERY
> simple circuit.

Not sure I'd choose to mess with ozone in an enclosed space given some
of the health problems associated with it.

As for getting rid of the smoke smell, patience and a thorough clean
does work pretty well. It can be worth trying one of those overpowering
air fresheners (a passive one isn't strong enough) for the first few
days; I've used a candle type air freshener for that.

Seems to work (/me looks around and sniffs).

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 Write a wise saying and your name will live forever