[geeks] Little Falls 2 System Power Consumpion Question

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 22:44:15 CST 2008

On 14 Dec 2008, at 02:11, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> You are very lucky you didn't fry the motor on the hard drive.  I have
> seen cases in my own experience where under-powering drives results in
> them being screwed out and requiring a new PCB (basically the hard
> drive
> motherboard).

It probably helped that it was a 2.5" drive. They tend to take more of
a beating, physically and mentally, than 3.5" in my experience.

We are lucky nothing was damaged, but had it been we'd have claimed
against the case vendor for the replacements. I don't think we put an
unreasonable amount of load on the PSU board, needless to say that
we're looking to replace that one with a 90W Intel compatible Pico-ATX
power plug soon. IF it works well in that machine I'm gonna get one
with a matching PSU brick for mine.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog: