[geeks] Little Falls 2 System Power Consumpion Question

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 16:41:31 CST 2008

On 13 Dec 2008, at 03:23, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Don't forget to consider PSU efficiency - that PS may only be 65-75%
> efficient, so as much as 1/3rd of the power may be lost to an
> inefficient
> PSU, and the 60 Watt Pico may be fine.

Alas my Pico has no P4 lines on it. Rats.

> Have you tried moving the chipset fan to the other fan header

Makes a marked difference. Thank You. I put my Rasurbo fan on it on
the other header and it's lost a lot of the high pich whine, it's now
mostly low pitch PSU fan noise. It's still too loud though :P

> and playing with fan control settings in BIOS? I think I read about
> folks doing that on
> various blog entries about this particular board - others discuss
> swapping
> the fan out...

I haven't got any, just a hardware monitor :(

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://markbenson.org/blog>