[geeks] Little Falls 2 System Power Consumpion Question

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 08:06:05 CST 2008

On 8 Dec 2008, at 11:29, Michael-John Turner wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 07:10:37PM +0000, Mark Benson wrote:
>> Do you guys think I could power all that on a Pico-PSU 80W adapter
>> run
>> off a 60W brick?
>
> I have the same board and have no problems with it in a 'Noah'
> case[1] with
> the supplied 80W brick and Pico PSU. My draw is probably less than
> yours
> though - I'm using a 2.5" SATA HD and don't have any add-on cards
> installed
> or USB devices connected.
>
> [1] http://www.mini-itx.com/store/?c=3#3988

Thanks for all your many advices. I think I'll grab a 120W Pico and a
bigger power brick in the new year.

My main problem is I am currently using a ATX case wit ha mini-ATX PSU
and the fan is rather noisy. I use the case because it has 2 5.25"
drive bays, one for my SATA cradle and one for the front Audigy2
panel, plus room for another 2 3.5" devices inside. Combined with the
damned chipset fan on the 945 chipset controller it makes the whole
rig disappointingly loud. I though plonking a Pico and a brick on
would take one fan out of the equation, then I'd just have to work on
the chipset fan.

Anyone else here tried to calm down the noise their Little Falls board?

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://markbenson.org/blog>