[geeks] Washing lots of Lego

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Thu Dec 4 13:07:13 CST 2008

William Enestvedt wrote:
>    So Sridhar said Simple Green. Hmmm.... Dunno if I have any of that.
> It would be worth it, though, to buy a jug for this job! Geeze, I should
> take a picture whern everything is spread out to dry: I expect it to be
> quite a sight. :7)

A number of years ago, my Father was in charge of a charity drive where
we collected donations at intersections.  It was a very rainy day, so we
ended up with a very large amount of very wet small bills.  We had to
dry it all out, so every flat surface in the house, kitchen and dining
room tables, kitchen countertops, etc. was covered in drying money.  It
looked like a counter fitting operation. I suspect your basement will
look like some sort of basement lego counter fitting operation.

In a related story, all of the coins were put in 5 gallon buckets.
While walking into the bank that night, one of the buckets split open
and nearly 5 gallons of change spilled out just inside the front door of
the bank.  The sound made by all of the coins hitting a hard floor was
like a waterfall.  We then had to use office waste paper baskets to
collect the money that we picked up from the floor since those were the
only containers available.  (We did not have access to the vault in the
bank since it was after hours.)

    -Dan Sikorski