[geeks] Best place to buy new (or nearly-new) Sun kit...

John Francini francini at mac.com
Mon Dec 1 13:07:36 CST 2008

In my capacity as an obtainer of things tech for $WORK, I've been
asked to buy a couple of Sun Netra servers (SPARC, not Intel) with
PCIe buses.

Having zero experience with buying Sun kit, I'm wondering whether it's
better to buy such directly from Sun, or to go through a reseller.  If
the latter, is there a decent one in New England that you can recommend?

Disclosure: $WORK="Dell EqualLogic" -- maker of iSCSI stroage arrays.
These servers will be used for testing EqualLogic arrays via QLogic
controllers.  Not a typical 'production' scenario, but a certification/
support verification situation. (EqualLogic supports most every OS
that has iSCSI capabilities, including Solaris, Mac OS X, HP/UX, AIX,
etc.)

Thanks,

John