[geeks] Seems like low-cost Cisco 10/100 switches are available

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Apr 29 13:27:36 CDT 2008

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008, nate at portents.com wrote:

>> Cisco + Sun HME (and maybe other) NICs...many, and as recently as
>> '05.  Cisco + Apple G4 NIC (don't recall the NIC chipset).
>
> Out of curiosity, how old was the Cisco gear?  I recently read this on
> wikipedia, but it doesn't indicate when Cisco cleaned up their act:

I've personally had troubles with Sun HME cards and Catalyst 2900XL
switches and 3500-series switches.  They seem to do okay with the
5500-series switches.

--
Jonathan Patschke | "There is more to life than increasing its speed."
Elgin, TX         |                                   --Mahatma Gandhi