[geeks] Photo "sharing" site recemondations please.

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Apr 28 17:19:29 CDT 2008

On Apr 28, 2008, at 12:02 , der Mouse wrote:

>> It's amazing when filling out a simple form, a 100% text based task,
>> brings a quad-core Mac Pro to its knees.
>
> "Wordstar on an 4.077 MHz 8088 could keep up with my typing; WinWord
> under Windoze on a 300 MHz PII can't." --Seth Breidbart

My 8-bit Atari, running a near-WYSIWYG word processor could keep up
with my typing.

Of course, a 1.79MHz 6502 was faster than a 4.77MHz 8088.

> And people wonder why I don't use the Web.  It had - has - a lot of
> potential.  Almost none of which is being realized, though there are a
> few beacons of hope like Wikipedia.

I like quite a few websites, but most of them I use because I have to
in order to get information, get software, deal with businesses, etc.

WWW discussions really kill me.  Why anyone would want to do threaded
discussions in a WWW browser is beyond me.