[geeks] Photo "sharing" site recemondations please.

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Sun Apr 27 16:26:46 CDT 2008

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 16:21:01 -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> > My wife would like to be able to post photographs to a web site and
>
> Have heard good things about ourdoings.com, including that it will
> look at the saved info in your digital photos and automatically sort
> them by date.

Don't all sites do that? I must admit to being a little quaint in
preferring to doing my own hosting (Gallery2 although there's plenty of
others) despite only having ADSL. Nobody comments on the speed ... just
how bad the photos are :)

There's a difference between not wanting to hide and having the photos
up for everyone to see. Particularly if you photograph anyone who
doesn't like being photographed (my whole family prefers being behind
the camera). I've been asked for re-assurance that some mildly
embarrassing photos can only be seen by the family.

The ability to have a password protected gallery may not be on your
immediate requirements but it's a feature worth having just in case.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
'I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my