[geeks] Seems like low-cost Cisco 10/100 switches are available

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Apr 25 13:11:52 CDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 11:31:59AM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> I'm not too tuned into the used equipment market, but I just noticed that
> surpluscomputers.com has 24 port refurbished Cisco switches (2924XL) for
> $65/each. That seems to be a good deal for someone looking to upgrade
> their home infrastructure from commodity hardware to enterprise hardware.

That would be great if Cisco was still honoring their "lifetime" warranty
on the 2900-series.  Unfortunately, from what I hear they stopped doing so
3-4 years ago.

(used to be able to buy a 29xxXL series off eBay with bad ports, send it
into Cisco, and get a fully-working one in return)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas