[geeks] industrial USB flash drives, and other solid state Solaris storage

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Apr 21 15:53:15 CDT 2008

" From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
"
" On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 11:42:21PM -0400, Shannon Hendrix wrote:
" > Also on the horizon, at least I hope so very much, is magnetic memory which
" > thus far looks like it will have a good fraction of RAM speeds, but the
" > non-volatile nature of flash and SSD drives.  Of course, this seems to be
" > having a hard time getting from the lab to the street so far.
"
" No way - it's been in use for almost sixty years!
"
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_memory
"
" 8-)

i grew up 5 doors down the st from dr. forrester.

0 degrees of separation	8^>

at one time my neighborhood contained several nobel prizewinners and
so many mit employees they considered running a bus during the energy
crisis.