[geeks] IPCop and pfSense...

nate at portents.com nate at portents.com
Fri Apr 18 15:25:20 CDT 2008

> I don't know why the adapter would matter at all.  The CF adapters I
> have here are completely passive devices.

Looking at the PATA adapters, they do appear to be entirely passive.
Maybe it is all in the hands of the CF media for PATA.

> But running an IDE cable to a seperate CF adapter, and drilling the metal
> work to mount it internally is oh so very ugly.

Yes, that's what I like about the Addonics 3.5" HDD bay bracket for their
CF - SATA adapter, you can just screw the adapter into the bracket and the
put the bracket in a standard 3.5" bay (and you can always take it out and
install it in anything that takes a 2.5" SATA drive, too).  Seems like the
way to go to me.

- Nate