[geeks] Running a computer from a USB flash drive

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Apr 17 22:51:16 CDT 2008

Have any of you guys ever tried running a computer from a USB flash
drive?

The Dell T105 server I bought has an internal USB port designed for
running a "secured drive", whatever that means.

The machine does not have an IDE port, so that hampers being able to
run a CF flash drive in the machine, and I think I want to keep the
sata port free in case I add a burner.

Are there any USB flash drives out there designed for "server use", or
at least better than the Joe Consumer stuff you see in Best Buy?  An
"industrial" USB flash drive maybe?

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com