[geeks] [rescue] E250 temperatures

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Apr 17 20:30:46 CDT 2008

>From: Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com>
>Date: 2008/04/17 Thu AM 11:52:43 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] [rescue] E250 temperatures

>Phil Stracchino wrote:
>>> I don't know anyone else who has not been screwed like this at least
>>> once.
>>>
>>> I use GEICO, and mostly they do a good job and have taken care of
>>> every problem I've had.
>>>
>>> However, they have still done things like what happened to Nate at
>>> least once, and it also involved some issues with a rental car and
>>> repairs.  Two of my friends have terrible luck with them.
>>

>> I've always had good experiences with State Farm.  They have never
>> shafted me.
>
>I've had good experiences with State Farm, Allstate and Kemper at
>various times over the years.  None of those companies have the lowest
>rates, but it seems to be worth it to me to not get screwed with.  And
>it's not *that* much more money, in the grand scheme of things.

A friend of mine who works for one of the major insurnace firms pointed out to me that what you are really paying for is how you wanted to be treated when you had a problem - you can pay very little and have huge hassels, or you can pay a bit more for few/no hassels. I went the latter route, got a good agent, and have happily never had to file a claim (touch wood).

Peace of mind is worth something (IMHO).

Lionel