[geeks] drive cage fan for Dell T105 server

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Apr 17 16:39:42 CDT 2008

On Apr 17, 2008, at 15:05 , nate at portents.com wrote:

>> It has four cables, and I don't know what the other two are yet,
>> besides power and ground.  I'm sure one is the speed tick, not sure
>> of
>> the other.
>
> Four pins?  Likely to be for a PWM fan:
>
> http://www.formfactors.org/developer%5Cspecs%5CREV1_2_Public.pdf

Yep, that's probably it.

Looks like some of them have the same connector that is on the Dell
motherboard too.

The only missing part is the shroud the Dell part comes with.

However, I might be able to do without that.

Last night I temporarily hooked up a vanilla 80mm fan, and it makes a
big difference in the temperature of the lower drive bay.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com