[geeks] Solaris and fault management

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Apr 17 10:51:30 CDT 2008

On Apr 13, 2008, at 17:20 , Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>> Does anyone have a good pointer to some documentation on Solaris
>> fault management?
>
> blogs.sun.com - use the search box.  The ZFS developers post there
> often, as do SMF and FMA developers as well.

Interesting stuff, thanks.

I wish Sun would focus on writing usable documentation.  Most of their
stuff is OK for reference, but the organization is bizarre at times.

I have really enjoyed "Absolute FreeBSD", and think "Absolute Solaris"
done the same way would be great.

I'm really surprised there are not many Solaris books out there, and
what you have is mostly exam study guides.

Anyway, back to topic:

Supposedly a new Solaris is coming any time now, which should have a
lot of the Nevada bits in it.

What would be really nice is ZFS installation.