[geeks] drive cage fan for Dell T105 server

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Apr 17 10:25:03 CDT 2008

On Apr 17, 2008, at 10:42 , Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>> It took me 4 months to get IBM to give me a manual for one of their
>> small workstations. For about 2 months they even claimed that they
>> didn't have them.
>> Sometimes you just gotta be a bitch.
>
> Doesn't IBM publish the manuals for its smaller workstations on the
> web?

Not all of them evidently.

I picked some up at an auction a few years ago and was unable to get
the pinouts for some of the motherboard bits for sometime.

When I worked at Bank of America, I had an IBM desktop, and there were
no manuals for it either, except for the fluffy stuff.

For the Dell I don't need circuit diagrams, just the pinout for the
fan connector.

It might not matter, since I know which ones are power and ground.  I
was just hoping to get the speed control working.

It has four cables, and I don't know what the other two are yet,
besides power and ground.  I'm sure one is the speed tick, not sure of
the other.